The First Cup....


I continue to starve myself..

and I starved myself of the woods this past weekend.
So when I returned to them this morning...it all came RUSHING back in like a massive flood.

All was so CLEAR..the delicious sounds ...the scrumptious views.
The steep descents that spilled me into the low pockets of warmth.
Just like that a fine glass o' red....that is deep and warm.

When you get down into those deep spots...in the red...there's a lot of work to be done to get out.
But sometimes you just wanna stay wrapped in that warmth for a while.

Eventually...
you decide to pull yourself out.

And as you ascend up the steep climb back to the top, you notice the AMAZING and DELICIOUS views.
And while it may be a little chilly up here, its like that bright crisp white, a Pinot or Sauvignon Grig if you will.

It is clean, dry...

CLEAR

And you can finally see all the majestic views before you.

This AM run felt like I was wrapping myself in a warm, comfy blanket,.alas, as if I was still asleep.....

and i'm reminded:

That is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep.” 
~Willa Cather


And I actually did NOT want to over do this one...
I was quite satisfied with "the first cup".
I didn't feel the urge..
or insistence..
or those terrible STARVING pangs for wanting
needing ...
more..

Because that "first cup"
was just right...

 I hope you too might find that "first cup" ...that is JUST RIGHT for you.





No comments: