Shaken not stirred...with a lil' bit o' butta....


It drives me absolutely BANANA HAMMOCKS when someone does NOT know what a pour over coffee is??!?!

How can you work in a restaurant/bar/coffee serving establishment and NOT know what a pour over coffee is?

How can you be a human being and have never let your lips taste the majestic silkiness that is a slowly poured and carefully crafted brew??
Smooth JUST.LIKE.BUTTA......

But then I decided to try black coffee...
It was an accident actually. An overly aggressive pour into my thermos necessitated a quick volume depletion, but that lil sip was surprisingly satisfying.
Although I learned quickly that I can only handle it in small amounts, as it does become a little bitter after a while.
Kinda like the eating disorder, it can satisfy, but after a while, it gets bitter, and I need to add a little bit o' cream...
or BUTTER??

Cuz then I drank CRACK COFFEE:


From Raleigh Raw in Downtown Raleigh:

And my head exploded...THIS.IS.EFFIN.AMAZING..

And then that same day I decided to dust off the red hot SS with the fat tires and put them to the trails...after ...well...an amount of time for which I'm embarrassed to admit.

It was time...to find myself in the woods again.

And my head exploded...THIS.IS.EFFIN.AMAZING..

And the ride was just like the crack coffee, I know I could drink A SH$T TON!
BUT ..I certainly don't wanna over do this one, cuz it will be MOST DELICIOUS...
in SMALLER doses.

Similar to the eating disorder/compulsions, its actually tolerable, and sometimes helpful, but only in the appropriate dose...

the "Therapeutic Range " if you will.

Like any perfectly crafted cocktail, which are always served in the tiniest glasses...
they too are best served in small does, and...
SHAKEN NOT STIRRED.

I think I need to be SHAKEN NOT STIRRED ...

Shaken into the reality of all that is great and gorgeous in my life...
Not 'stirring' up the 'insists'..and the 'shoulds'...
and the compulsions..
and the punishments...

'cuz it wasn't my fault.

I need to be shaken into the appreciation of all that is BEAUTIFUL in this life...
THIS LIFE RIGHT HERE.

Look past the weeds to the flowers.
Look past the obstacles and rock gardens...and steep climbs and dangerous drops...and let the fat tires (or my two feet!) float me through the dream sequence that is the magnificent trail which I  glide along...

That is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep.” ~Willa Cather

And that's what if felt like to put the fat tires on the trail again..
Smooth JUST.LIKE.BUTTA.
It was as if I was still asleep.
And just like sleep...it felt like a DREAM...

Can this really be HAPPENING???
Am I REALLY FEELING THIS GOOD???
and is it OK to feel THIS GOOD???

Reminds me of an amaze-balls trail that I used to...I USED TO ..ride called Warrior Creek, way back when I once felt like...
A WARRIOR.

When I first rode it I felt SOOOO NAUGHTY, because it felt SO DAMN GOOD, for the ENTIRE ride!
Often the most epic rides include countless, treacherous, gnarly and painful climbs..
With tons o' rocks, short and steep diggers, and long, agonizing, steep/twisty/turns.
THAT.
NEVER.
END.

BUT...there's always a PAYOFF. And ohhhh the PAYOFF makes it all worth it!

Downhills with straight lines that are slick and...

Smooth... JUST.LIKE.BUTTA......

It's as if your flying and your tires aren't even touching the ground.
Descents with burms so deep that after you glide up and around you are literally CATAPULTED out the other end like a human roller coaster.

But on Warrior Creek, there are a plethora o' payoffs, but sans the precipitating agony.
There are some climbs and "gnarliness" to keep you honest, but it wasn't the endless agony to which I had grown accustomed to.
I just felt SO NAUGHTY while I was riding.

I always feel "naughty" when I experience the good without the bad (a nod to my Italian-Catholic upbringing maybe ?).

Is it okay to feel good without feeling so badly first?

Cuz it often feels 'naughty' to actually enjoy food...

But then there was the whole fiasco at my regularly frequented coffee shop today when they RAN OUT of coffee creamer.
Ummmm...ecsqueeze me??

So instead, I dropped in a lil' bit o' butta .....

And my head exploded...DAMN..this is EFFIN AMAZING..

And I am a genius, cuz sometimes you just need to add a lil bit o' butta...

and I certainly don't feel naughty about that.

So from my heart to yours...when amidst a fiasco....just add..a lil' bit o butta...

Thank you SS for allowing me to be "naughty" again, and without the guilt that typically ensues.

Ironically the fat tire SS is called ]FETISH FIXATION
As I definitely have a FETISH for this FIXATION...
as she rides so smooth..

JUST.
LIKE.
BUTTA.



(And P.S - If you are one of the pour souls who does NOT know what pour over coffee is, I respectfully request you drop whatever it is you are doing RIGHT NOW, and head straight to your nearest snobby coffee shop..do not pass GO..do not collect $200! If you are in the Raleigh or Durham area, gimme a holla and I can tell you where to go.. :) )

No comments: