GRATITUDE...for the NEGATIVE...


In the profound and proverbial words of the legendary James Hetfield during his live Metallica concert in Mexico City...

 "LET'S GET INTO THIS SH$T!!!"..

YES...let's GET INTO IT..

The NEGATIVE SPACE...

the spaces IN BETWEEN...

The spaces we RARELY take the time to notice..

So...what am I grateful for tonight??

1. The breeze...the whipping wind. This is a dichotomy for me...as it provides a painful resistance through which I pedal...but it also provides that rhythmic, calming, sooth-ness, as it ignites the wind chimes of my neighbor below....playing the soft, subtle, soothing natural sounds that only a breeze can provide.

2. My third floor apartment...another dichotomy. The 2 flights of stairs are often painful as I lug all of my "baggage" up the steps.  Yet...I have the privilege of awakening every morning to the giganor tree outside of my bedroom window, hearing the birds "commiserate", and feeling as though I'm sleeping "among the branches".

I have yet to set an alarm since taking on residence here, as I continue to rely on the birds ....

OR..

the OBNOXIOUS loudA$$ camaro of my neighbor..

to wake me from my slumber
at 4am.....

EVERY.DAMN.MORNING :)

3. Hand and foot warmers...holy canoli thank you "hot hands" for how you have saved me in these frigid temps.

4. Hoodies, because even though I may look like the ham-burglar when I take my trash out to the dumpster each evening...... I manage to remain cozy and warm.

5. The NEGATIVE spaces...the painful spots...the uncomfortable places..

the barren...
the empty...
the almost hopeless....
Because without these spaces, I would never know the strength which I can still muster...
against the cold,
the whipping wind,
the daunting climbs...
no matter how weak I might feel..


And I hope that YOU TOO..my dear friend, will be able to find the STRENGTH you need to endure....despite the BARREN,
the COLD,
the HOPELESS,

the NEGATIVE SPACE ...

to which you must confront.....

"Until it sleeps...."

Stacy Lynn :)

No comments: