Life behind the handle bars...


TONIGHT..

Me dear readers, listeners, SUPPORTERS...

I am grateful for..

1. HANDLEBARS...

or more precisely...the life I have the fortune to enjoy,view, engulf ..

from behind..

my handlebrs.

WHENEVER possible, I continue to opt for transport in the form of 2 wheels...instead of 4 :)

And I cannot explain the ENLIGHTENMENT which occurs while pedaling alongside the "traffic" ..
as opposed to being an active "participant" in the traffic.

And the enlightenment of listening to the aforementioned "traffic"...

The 'zooms', the roars, the 'engine revs', the honks...

Oh the startling realization of how WE...as a HUMANS..conduct ourselves in our vehicles!!

Because oy vey'...it can be...

SHAMEFUL.

And know...I am NOT  immune to this behavior!

I have certainly realized that that if I were in my car, I TOO would be engaging in this SAME.EXACT.SHAMEFUL.BEHAVIOR.

UGGH...

ME!!!

But there is something inherently enlightening, organic..about being on the 'outside' of the windows...as opposed to being enclosed on the inside of a box

on 4 wheels. :)

And perhaps this will allow me to conduct myself in a much less...ahem... SHAMEFUL manner....

be more MINDFUL..

notice my surroundings..

the next time I find myself enclosed atop...

4 wheels.

2. NEIGHBORS.

Growing up, I did not have the best neighbors.

HOWEVER..

as an adult..

I was THRILLED to have had the fortune of residing besides such FANTASTICAL neighbors!!

And most recently have been surprised that they will "pop up" in your life, when least expected.

And in a unassuming, subtle manner, remind you that no matter WHERE you are in life....

you are supported...

appreciated..

LOVED.

3. SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE..

because as I SIT here...and write..

SNL hums in the background....

And they have just compared Prez D...to..
the HAMBURGLAR!!

Did they read my blog post from a few nights ago??
Do they KNOW..how I too ...identify with...

THE HAMBURGLAR!!

Who knows..
who cares.

But I certainly appreciated any mention or nod to the hamburglar.

Because while I find this to be the most RIDICULOUS title for any being to bear,

it is also a subtle...UNASSUMING..reminder ...

that no matter WHAT...we as people are appreciated,

SUPPORTED...

LOVED.

And also..should NOT take ourselves...

SO.
DAMN.
SERIOUSLY.

And while there is PLENTY more for which I am grateful for tonight..

that is all for now... ;)

Until next time my loves......




No comments: