Chasing the demons.....



So while “Your demons may have left the building..

they’re  doing pushups in the parking lot..”

and yes…I myself, have been doing push ups..

In parking lots…

Literally…

EVERY.DAMN.DAY.

A routine that MUST  be completed…
At all costs..
in order to fulfill that sense of “accomplishment”.

because if I am not ACCOMPLISHING something..
EVERY.DAMN.DAY

Then what good am I??

Execpt for today…

Because by now…
even my DEMONs are bunt out.

But.. I MUST STAY STRONG…RIGHT??
Especially in this time of unyielding weakness, darkness..uncertainty..

But..

my body gets tired…

Sore..achey..

My mind gets numbs.

And by now, even the DEMONS have left both the building, and the parking lot.

THEY even think…. this is too  much for one person to bear…

Therefore.. TONIGHT..I am grateful for…


       1.The Bass and Saltwater Fishing Expo in Raleigh – Today I had the joy of seeing my dad “talk shop” with the fisher- person vendors throughout the expo.  it was so soothing to see him engage in one of his passions, as well as teach my Mom and I a few things about the lures he used while fishing in the Atlantic…that man is much smarter than anyone will ever know.

2      2.Fishing –my dad taught me how to cast a line at a very young age…and being on the water with him was more therapeutic then I think I ever realized at the time.  Without even trying, he was able to teach me the utility, the NECESSITY, of the calm..

the stillness…

the QUIET….

Because maybe …that’s when the demons give up, and check out…because no matter how many push ups they do, they cannot compete with the SALTY WATER…

3. Cloud, dreary, cold winter days.  Because sometimes, it’s nice to NOT have “all the lights turned on”. It feels GOOD…to be “sub maximal”, cool, calm…cloudy…

…with a chance of Meatballs J Cuz’ there’s just no room for the demons…in a parking lot..on a cloudy day..

And I’m hoping you TOO, my dear friend, may find your peace..your calm…your… CLOUDY..       

Your “chance of meatballs”..

That will chase those damn demons out of the parking lot.

Until next time..



No comments: