NONETHELESS....


TONIGHT...I am tired, and cannot justify why.

I did not engage in a maniacal workout this AM, I did not pedal myself silly, I did not run into the "Red"...yet..I am weary...

This frustrates me, as I have no "reason" to be weary, when I did not do my best to achieve ..or "deserve".... full exhaustion...

But nonetheless...

TONIGHT...I am GRATEFUL for..

1. STOPLIGHTs...because my mind typically operates at least 24-48 hours ahead of me, and my heart rate is just trying to keep up. And the only time I will truly STOP..is when I'm forced to, at a stoplight, and notice the cars surrounding me, the music on the radio, the weather outside my windows..
This is of course ASSUMING I am in a 4 wheeled vehicle, because if I'm on two wheels...is completely different story.. :)

2. The word NONETHELESS..because it truly is a most ridiculous word, but makes one feel quite intellectual if they can manage to interject into into a conversation...or blog post :)

3. My classic Schwinn..bought it for $75 cash from one of my classmates in PA school because she did not want to lug it back across the country to Cali.  This has proven to be my most therapeutic ride. I ride upright, typically in a skirt... the seat is plush, cushy comfortable, a hard cry from the stiff, hard saddle on my single speed...
And there is no room for the maniac,
the junkie...

the maniacal pedaling that occurs on the other wheels.

It is just steady,
mindful,
rolling,
therapeutic...
MOVEMENT...

Maybe its ok to just have MOVEMENT...even if its not maniacal..or in the "red". Perhaps I should be grateful that I can just MOVE..
at all....

Hoping you too will find your therapeutic MOVEMENT..that can help keep you away from
the maniacal...

Until next time my friends...




No comments: