You BETTER..be good..to me....


TONIGHT..

MY Gratitude includes...

1. PEOPLE...HUMAN BEINGS..

Because if you actually explain to them how much your are STRUGGLING...
they will...*GASP*..

HELP YOU!

I TRULY TRULY believe in the INHERENT good of all people.

I am an unabashed "HEART" thinker...

..and YES..this has definitely "bit me in the A$$", on NUMEROUS occasions.

And I have certainly learned from my..MULTIPLE...ahem..

ENLIGHTENED MOMENTS

but when I know it is right....

and I am not being cheated..

.....and even in my darkest moments..

I will NOT surrender my belief,

my faith,.

in the inherent GOOD.....

of all of us.

But understandably,  we have all been tainted, scared, burned...

MAIMED.

So of COURSE we are equipped with the skepticism,
the "armor"..
the "fists"
The "insert protective mechanism here".

Yet I continue to persevere...
and NOT give up hope..

in the INHERENT GOOD...

of us all.

2. TINA.EFFIN.TURNER

I was originally going to to write that she was the "female" version of ..James Brown.

But EFFF that!!

She wasn't a "version" of anyone.

She was.....

HERSELF!!

Unashamed.

Unabashed.

TRUE, REAL, GRITTY.

And she reminds us..

YOU BETTER BE GOOD TO ME
You better be good to me
That's how it's gotta be now
'Cause I don't have no use
For what you loosely call the truth
You better be good to me
Yeah, you better be good...


So whether you are male, female, black, white, purple, green....YOU.ARE.WORTH.IT!!!

And don't you DARE...

SETTLE.

Because if I do nothing..

NOTHING else..

I hope that in the sharing of this "crap-o-la" of mine..

I will encourage you to always..

ALWAYS..
FIGHT for YOURSELF.

NO ONE...puts baby int he corner.

"Cuz Yer 'simply the best'... :)

3. RAINBOWS....

Because even if there is no pot of GOLD at the end.

Even if life did not turn out...
even a little bit...
like you had thought/hoped/imagined/DREAMED..

At least there is still the majestic, natural, organic, COLORFUL reminder that....

LIFE
IS
BEAUTIFUL.



ENJOY the rainbows my friends...

and don't your DARE...

settle for less.

Because your "SIMPLY THE BEST".

So "Keep on rollin' on the river..."

And let us continue to believe in the inherent good...

OF US ALL.

Stacy Lynn

No comments: