SURRENDER...


This term has always held such a negative connotation to me...
HOW could I possibly GIVE IN???
WHY would I ever GIVE UP???

I MUST continue to press forward, at all costs, protect myself , stay strong..build my muscles  move..move..move...

ALWAYS. KEEP. MOVING..

But I've actually "moved" so much, that now I literally cannot "move" at the speed to which I am accustomed.

Enduring what is likely an overuse injury from an exorbitant amount of running, I ...CANNOT RUN...

GASP....

Its almost ironical...that I spent so much time RUNNING..away...from all the problem-os that plagued me ..and now..I literally CANNOT run...

The mere thought of this possibility typically would have sent me into a feverish panic...

However, the reality has been...

Enlightening.
And quite possibly even a tad liberating.

Having to operate at an ...ahem..."normocephalic" pace...has been both humbling..and healing....

I guess this is my FORCED SURRENDER.

And after a rather uncomfortable...but necessary, YIN yoga class this afternoon, I learned the necessity..and utility...of SURRENDER...


And I hope that YOU too, my dear friend, and reader... will be able to find the necessary SURRENDER in your life...

Until next time...


No comments: